Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Memento Project







My Dad lives in a beach house on the Long Island Sound in New York.  Whenever I go to visit my dad we spend hours on the beach fishing and walking the endless beach collecting beach glass until the sun goes down.  The memories of these days will stay with me as long as I'm alive and this project helped me make a keepsake that I will cherish forever.  We were allowed to use three materials so I chose an actual piece of beach glass from my Dad's beach, string and wire. 


Materials: Glass, String, Wire. 

Glass: The glass is actual beach glass that I found on the beach at my Dad's house.  I purposely used a green-tinted glass because it resembles the color of the water. 

String:  The off-white string I used represents the fishing line, and the color of the sand. I purposely wrapped it horizontally to represent the long horizon line.

Wire:  The wire is in the shape of a fishing hook to represent the fishing we do at my Dad's beach house. 







No comments:

Post a Comment